Are you looking for meaningful work? Are you passionate about making a difference? If so, then UCPLA is the company for you. When you join the UCPLA team, you help us promote independence for adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities. We offer competitive starting salaries and benefits to full-time staff: Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, Life Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Paid Holidays, Vacation Benefits, Paid Sick Leave, Paid Bereavement Leave, Credit Union Benefits and Discounts, Referral Bonus Plan, and Retirement Plan.
United Cerebral Palsy of Los Angeles, Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties (UCPLA) is hiring a Communications Specialist. This position is integral to all aspects of communication and advancement of the organization's mission. After 75 years, our organization has outgrown our name and is initiating the rollout of a new brand identity across our family of organizations. This position is a key member of the Development Team for the rollout and growth of the new brand architecture. In coordination with the Director of Communications & Marketing and the Social Media Specialist, the Communications Specialist creates and provides coordination of external and internal communications for the family of organizations. The work produced needs to promote a positive public image and control the dissemination of information, both internally and externally, in conjunction with messaging for the subsidiary organizations, Wheels for Humanity, and WORK, Inc., as well as a new microenterprise.
Communications Specialist Responsibilities:
- Work with the Director of Communications & Marketing and the Social Media Specialist to develop and implement a comprehensive brand rollout and communication strategy for internal and external stakeholders
- Write high-engagement marketing and communication content that reflects our brand’s voice
- Research and write press releases and content for the company website, infographics, blogs, and newsletters
- Adhere to the company’s style guide, ensuring that we produce high-quality and error-free copy
- Acquire and maintain a detailed knowledge of the company’s policies, principles, and strategies, and keep up to date with relevant developments
- Work with senior leadership team and internal role-players to brainstorm content ideas, in line with the organization’s strategy and in support of various brand initiatives
- Collaborate with senior leadership and the Development Team to develop a variety of content marketing materials
- Support and evaluate results of communication campaigns with the team
- Interpret creative direction and adapt points from creative briefs into persuasive copy concepts
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects with short deadlines
- Other duties as assigned
Communications Specialist Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or a related field
- Minimum of two years of experience in communications strategy development
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Content writing experience for all internal and external communication platforms
- Solid understanding of SEO
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Highly computer literate with capability in MS Office products; familiarity with design software (Adobe, Canva) a definite plus
- Valid and current proof of legal right to drive in California and proof of insurance
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required to fulfill duties
With 40 programs and service sites spanning several counties, UCPLA is the largest nonprofit provider of direct care services for individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities in Southern California.
UCPLA is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates. UCPLA also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment pursuant to California Law and, if applicable, the L.A. Fair Chance Ordinance.