Resident Manager B
UCPLA is hiring a Resident Manager B (RMB) to be responsible for the day-to-day management and maintenance of UCPLA’s assigned affordable apartment building in Pasadena, which provides housing for tenants with developmental disabilities.
The RMB will live on-site in this 13 unit apartment complex in Pasadena, will perform on-site management and daily maintenance, and will assist with routine maintenance at other locations as assigned and required. Additionally, the RMB interacts with tenants, guests, tenant support staff, vendors, and UCPLA staff and management to resolve issues and concerns. Maintenance skills are required for this position.
Rate of Pay: $15.00 per hour PLUS reside rent-free on-site
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 20 hours per week
Plus On-Call as needed or assigned
We offer competitive starting salaries, Paid Holidays, Vacation Benefits, Paid Sick Leave, Referral Bonus Plan and Retirement Plan to part-time employees.
Resident Manager B Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot maintenance issues and complete repairs involving electrical, structural, plumbing, and equipment repair or replacement; perform preventive building maintenance duties, routine plumbing and electrical repairs; repair and replace door knobs or locks, door closures, and patch holes in walls; and paint and refurbish as necessary
- Complete general upkeep and maintenance as scheduled and needed
- Arrange and monitor work being performed by outside contractors. Assures safety standards are used which comply with all company, local, City, State, and Federal guidelines
- Collect rents and ensure rent is collected and submitted to UCPLA in all supervised buildings
- Work with management and tenant support staff to proactively resolve tenant issues and concerns
- Address lease violations and counsel tenants regarding lease compliance
- Complete and submit paperwork as assigned and required
- Other duties as assigned
Resident Manager B Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Read, write, comprehend, and communicate in English well enough to perform essential duties and responsibilities
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and clean driving record
- One (1) to three (3) years building maintenance experience or property management experience
- Experience working with the developmentally disabled or special needs populations is preferred
- Knowledge of health and safety issues with structures, vehicle operations, and power tools
- Knowledge of and ability to work with cleaners, pesticides, and disinfectants in a safe manner
- Ability to assess daily workloads and materials necessary to complete tasks and make independent decisions while unaccompanied
- Ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds
- Successfully pass all post-offer, pre-employment screening requirements, including criminal background check, drug screening, and provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States
With 40 programs and service sites spanning several counties, United Cerebral Palsy of Los Angeles, Ventura & Santa Barbara Counties (UCPLA) is the largest nonprofit provider of direct care services for individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities in Southern California.
UCPLA is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates. UCPLA also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment pursuant to California Law and, if applicable, the L.A. Fair Chance Ordinance.