Are you looking for meaningful work? Are you passionate about making a difference? If so, then UCPLA is the company for you! When you join UCPLA, you will help us promote independence for adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities. We offer competitive starting salaries and benefits to full-time staff: Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, Life Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Paid Holidays, Vacation Benefits, Paid Sick Leave, Paid Bereavement Leave, Credit Union Benefits and Discounts, Referral Bonus Plan, and Retirement Plan.
United Cerebral Palsy of Los Angeles, Ventura & Santa Barbara Counties (UCPLA) is hiring Training Instructors to develop, coordinate, and facilitate new employee orientation and ongoing training for staff. The Training Instructor also provides support to ensure aspects of quality assurance and enhancement and regulatory compliance.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Must be able to work some nights and weekends
- Develop, plan, organize, and facilitate training to meet regulations and training needs in accordance with UCPLA’s mission and educational objectives
- Assist with onboarding by preparing new employee orientation schedule and training
- Maintain training records, safety records, and other high-risk records
- Record training data in Relias systems on a monthly basis
- Evaluate training programs for effectiveness and make revisions as necessary
- Track, analyze, and organize area specific data and report any identified patterns and trends to the Administrators and Directors on a monthly basis
- Assist as needed with quality assurance and enhancements, including but not limited to conducting quality assessments, conducting mock surveys, and assisting with plans of correction
- Meet weekly with the Training and Systems Manager to provide updates and general feedback
- Facilitate complex Emergency Preparedness Program (EPP) drills and exercises for each location as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned to meet department and business needs.
Training Instructor Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- AA and/or BA degree preferred
- Current CPR Instructor Certification, or receive CPR Instructor Certification within two months of hire
- Minimum of two years of experience working in the field of intellectual and developmental disabilities or Human Services field preferred
- Some experience in training staff preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff in all departments
- Valid and current proof of legal right to drive in California and proof of insurance
With 40 programs and service sites spanning several counties, UCPLA is the largest nonprofit provider of direct care services for individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities in Southern California.
UCPLA is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates. UCPLA also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment pursuant to California Law and, if applicable, the L.A. Fair Chance Ordinance.