Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) - NOC Shift
At UCPLA we are dedicated to the people we serve, and we are here to support them during this challenging time. If you or someone you know is looking for a job, or have been displaced from a job as a result of current events and are in need of employment, we would be thrilled to connect with you.
Are you an LVN looking for meaningful work? Are you passionate about making a difference? If so, then UCPLA is the company for you! When you join the UCPLA team, you help us promote independence for adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities. We offer competitive starting salaries, Paid Holidays, Vacation Benefits, Paid Sick Leave, Referral Bonus Plan, and Retirement Plan to part-time employees.
United Cerebral Palsy of Los Angeles, Ventura & Santa Barbara Counties (UCPLA) is hiring a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) to care for individuals with developmental disabilities in a group home setting. As an LVN, you provide personalized care for our residents. Working under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, you have the unique opportunity to build your healthcare career and develop caring relationships with our residents.
Schedule: Three (3) varying shifts per week
10:30 PM - 7:00 AM
- Pass medications and monitor/report any changes in each resident’s health/condition
- Perform treatments such as oxygen, eye drops, topical ointments, nebulizer, etc.
- Ensure feeding plans are followed
- Perform basic and vital assessments and implement care plans
- Process monthly cycle medications
- Schedule doctors’ appointments
- Ensure specialist referrals and appointments are properly scheduled
- Attend and transport residents to appointments in company van as directed
- Prepare client charts for doctor rounds
- Receive and record doctors’ orders
- Assist physician on rounds
- Other duties as assigned
- Currently licensed by the California State Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians
- Must maintain valid and current proof of legal right to drive in California
- At least 6 months of work experience as an LVN
- Experience in the care and treatment of individuals with developmental disabilities is preferred
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Communicate and work professionally and cooperatively with others
- Successfully pass all post-offer, pre-employment screening requirements, including criminal background check, drug screening, physical exam, and provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Ability to run, push, pull, bend, squat, kneel, and lift up to fifty (50) pounds
With 40 programs and service sites spanning several counties, UCPLA is the largest nonprofit provider of direct care services for individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities in Southern California.
UCPLA is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates. UCPLA also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment pursuant to California Law and, if applicable, the L.A. Fair Chance Ordinance.