Caregiver - Direct Support Professional (DSP) - AM Shift
At UCPLA we are dedicated to the people we serve, and we are here to support them during this challenging time. If you or someone you know is looking for a job, or have been displaced from a job as a result of current events and are in need of employment, we would be thrilled to connect with you.
Are you looking for meaningful work? Are you passionate about making a difference? If so, then UCPLA is the company for you! When you join UCPLA, you help us promote independence for adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities. We offer competitive starting salaries and benefits to full-time staff: Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, Life Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Paid Holidays, Vacation Benefits, Paid Sick Leave, Paid Bereavement Leave, Credit Union Benefits and Discounts, Referral Bonus Plan, and Retirement Plan.
United Cerebral Palsy of Los Angeles, Ventura & Santa Barbara Counties (UCPLA) is hiring Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) to assist developmentally disabled individuals with daily living needs in a group home residential setting. As a DSP, you help our residents with their physical, emotional, and social needs by using a person-centered approach. Our DSPs have the unique opportunity to build a rewarding career in healthcare and to develop caring relationships with our residents.
Rate of Pay: $15.00 per hour
Schedule: 6:30 AM to 3:00 PM, Saturday through Tuesday
- Assist residents with moving in and out of beds, baths, wheelchairs, automobiles, and with eating, dressing, and grooming
- Respect and promote the individual rights of people served
- Provide direct care and other related duties as assigned by supervisor(s) and/or nursing staff
- Attend required in-service trainings
- Other duties as assigned
Caregiver - DSP Qualifications:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Read, write, comprehend, and communicate in English well enough to perform essential duties and responsibilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Communicate and work professionally and cooperatively with others
- Successfully pass all post-offer, pre-employment screening requirements, including criminal background check, drug screening, and provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Ability to run, push, pull, bend, squat, kneel, and lift up to fifty (50) pounds
CNAs are encouraged to apply!
With 40 programs and service sites spanning several counties, UCPLA is the largest nonprofit provider of direct care services for individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities in Southern California.
UCPLA is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates. UCPLA also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment pursuant to California Law and, if applicable, the L.A. Fair Chance Ordinance.